Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Is Dead

It's depressing to think about but, skateboarding has just become less fun. I can't go roll out there and do it like I want to. It occured to me that I can't make a living out of it like I dreamed about because kids half my age are doing double the tricks I can do, first try everytime. I just ride around and have fun now, I'm not even worried about landing new tricks. Everyone's kickflipping and nollie heelflipping out of every grind imaginable nowadays and all the creativity is just dead. Just like when everyone went out and jumped on the biggest hand rail, skateboarding's dying. I love it so much and I won't give it up for the world, but it's going through it's annual period. It gets really trendy for a decade or so, and then once everyone's raped it of all it has to offer at the time, they dump it like a cheap toothless hooker.

I want to be the one to bring the creativity back, but it's just moving too fast. I think of something and the next day it'll be on youtube done by somebody who's style is to wear tight pants and top hats. Speaking of youtube, it is another thing that has killed skateboarding. I was extremley pissed off the day I saw Cairo Foster's part from the Lakai video THE DAY AFTER THE RELEASE on youtube. Everyone just wants their videos for free and it seriously put a knife in the back of every skateboarder out there. I guess it just happens, but I'll keep skating, it just won't be my yearly income. And I'm fine with that.

No comments: